Project Manager Job Descriptions
NCTS is a non-profit society, governed by a board of drectors, formed to re-open the Nelson Civic Theatre. The Project Manager reports to the Board, and works with its Committees.
We are seeking two dynamic people to manage the NCTS project to renovate and reopen the Nelson Civic Theatre. The full proposal may be downloaded from here. Division of duties is dependent upon the skillsets of successful applicants. This could be one full time position for the right person. General outline of division of duties is as follows:
You are the face of the Nelson Civic Theatre Society as community and fundraising liaison. You are a self-starter and get-down-to-it kind of person with an understanding of the nonprofit environment and working with a board and its committees, and with volunteers. Meeting with community members and organizations to assist in carrying out the strategic fundraising plan of the NCTS is integral to this position.
Working with the Board of Directors and Committees of the Board, you will help further the renovation, operational, and community engagement goals of the Society with sound administrative practices, excellent organizational skills, and strong communication. Maintaining donor records, working to develop marketing materials and donor and volunteer recognition, and being a committee/volunteer liaison are part of this position.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Develop a detailed work plan and assess regularly
- Develop and maintain administrative systems
- Maintain clear communication with the Board
- Assist and support the activities of the Committees of the Board
- Working with the Communications/Marketing Committee
- Set and oversee budgets
- Coordinate production of materials required for fundraising effort
- Research and write grant applications, and maintain schedule of grants
- Establish and maintain relationship with/report to funding agencies
- Develop and coordinate fundraising events and initiatives
- Maintain the register of members
- Manage membership drives as developed with the Membership Committee
- Liaise with the Building Committee, the Architect of Record and the Construction Management team
- Liaise with suppliers of equipment and supplies
Please submit resume with cover letter stating salary expectations by mail or email to:
Nelson Civic Theatre Society
719 Vernon Street, Nelson B.C.